In the past few weeks, Parliament of Uganda released the list of all the members of parliament with their performance ever since they joined in the 2016 elections.
Though most of them performed well, there was a group of that have even never said any word on the floor of parliament and one may wonder whether their voters don’t have any queries or their representatives don’t just feel like passing any word while in parliament.
Here is a list of MPs who never uttered a single word during plenary sessions of the 10th parliament:
- Kato Lubwama- Lubaga South
- Simeo Nsubuga Muwanga- Kasanda South
- Judith Babirye- Buikwe
- Paul Musoke Sebulime- Njeru Municipality
- Ronald Kibuule- Mukono North
- Dennis Galabuzi- Busiro North
- Carolyne Birungi Nanyondo- Kyamuswa
- David Lukyamuzi Kalwanga- Busujju
- Aboud Kitatta- Bukoto West
- Peace Kusasira Kanyesigye- Mukono
- Sam Kutesa Kuhamba-Mawogola North
- Amos Mandera- Buyamba/ Rakai
- Lydia Mirembe-Butambala
- Cissy Namujju- Lwengo Woman MP
- Sarah Babirye Kityo- Youth MP Central Region
Although all these names were listed below, the major role of the Members of Parliament is to represent the views of their constituents in the august house.