This year’s Christmas has left many people in Kanungu in a shock after one of their own died in a food eating competition.
Gad Sentenekora died in a contest that was promoted by a one Salvan in the village of Kibimbiri, Kihiri sub county in Kanungu district.
According to the police reports, this competition had been organized on the night of Christmas.
All this revelation was made by Enanga while addressing the press in a post-Christmas media briefing.
“The victim died when he was choked by the food he was eating and the body was taken the Kihihi health centre where it was established he was choked to death,” Enanga said.
Police has warned the public to know that such contests are risky and could be life threatening.
“It is common with competition of eating and alcohol drinking which are also dangerous,” Enanga added.
“Under normal circumstances, the organizers of the event like in some developed countries, should have informed the competitors of the risk and have medical personnel on board, which was not done.” Enanga added.
Police is now hunting for the organizer and will be charged for negligence acts that caused death.
A death inquiry file was opened at Kabuga Police Post under SD REF 04/26/12/2021.
At the Ugandan daily, we encourage everyone to eat what they can maintain in this festive season because it was also come to pass as others have done.
We wish you all a happy new year.
In case you have any article that you would like us to publish please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.